200 South Woodland St., Manchester, TN 37355
Schedule Your Free Consultation (931) 954-1066
attorney packing up their bag after a meeting

Child Relocation

Let’s Review Your Case

Child Relocation Lawyer In Manchester, TN

In today’s mobile society, people often move to take advantage of career and educational opportunities. When a custodial parent wishes to move to another city or state however, it can spark a personal crisis for the nonrelocating parent. If the move occurs, he or she may lose access to the children.

Whenever possible, Tennessee seeks to give both parents adequate parenting time with their children. Courts in our state sometimes allow child relocations, and sometimes they deny such relocations. Whether you wish to relocate with your child or you are a noncustodial parent who wishes to retain your parenting time rights, you should seek the advice of an experienced family law attorney.

Call Law Offices of Burch, Morrison, & Stewart, today at (931) 954-1066. In a free consultation, we can review your situation and discuss your legal options.

We Have The Advocacy Skills You Need

It may be possible to negotiate an arrangement that meets with court approval and gives the nonrelocating parent adequate parenting time. Typically, such an arrangement gives the noncustodial parent increased time with the child during the holidays or over the summer months. But frequently, child relocation disputes are resolved through litigation, not negotiation.

Our attorneys have extensive trial experience in Family Court. We will vigorously represent you, working diligently to protect your rights and achieve your goals.

A custodial parent cannot simply up and move a child to a distant location without notifying the noncustodial parent. If necessary, our firm can obtain an emergency order stopping such a move, pending the resolution of the matter.

Free Consultation With A Lawyer

Have questions about moving with children or preventing such a move? Contact Law Offices of Burch, Morrison, & Stewart, in Manchester by calling (931) 954-1066 to learn how we can help you.

Get In Touch With Us