When any type of car accident occurs, Burch & Lockhart provides the aggressive legal representation you need to get compensation for your injuries.
Operating a motor vehicle is a complex skill. When car accidents happen, reckless driving behaviors such as speeding, running red lights, and driving under the influence are often to blame. At Burch & Lockhart, we provide our own thorough investigations when handling car accident claims for our clients. As experienced Manchester, TN car accident attorneys, we know that the type of collision often provides valuable clues toward holding those at fault accountable.
Common Collisions in Car Accident Claims
According to Tennessee traffic crash data from the state Department of Safety and Homeland Security, more than 1,500 car accidents occur in Manchester and throughout Coffee County each year. These crashes leave hundreds of drivers and passengers involved suffering serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. Determining how they happened and who is to blame plays a key role in seeking the compensation victims need to recover.
At Burch & Lockhart, one of the first steps in our car accident investigations involves reviewing the exact type of collision that occurred. These typically include:
● Rear end collisions: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), these are the most common types of crashes. They often happen on highways and local roads and in heavy traffic conditions. Aggressive driving behavior, such as tailgating, are often to blame.
● Sideswipe accidents: These involve one driver running into the side of another and are often the result of improper passing. They can happen on highways or on local side streets and may cause the victim to run off the road or into oncoming traffic.
● Side impact accidents: Often referred to as T-bone accidents, these occur when one driver slams the front of his or her car directly into the side of another. These crashes tend to occur in intersections and as a result of speeding, running red lights, or disregarding traffic signals.
● Head-on crashes: One of the least common but potentially deadly types of accidents, these often occur on highways, entrance or exit ramps, and one-way streets. They are often the result of driving under the influence, falling asleep behind the wheel, or distracted driving.
● Rollover accidents: These often involve trucks, SUVs, and other tall vehicles and frequently happen on curves in the road or when making turns. Speeding is often a factor in these collisions.
● Slow speed accidents: These are common in parking lots. While they may appear relatively minor, they can result in serious injuries. Not paying attention, going too fast for conditions, and driving distracted are often to blame.
Get Our Manchester Car Accident Attorneys on Your Side
Car accidents can leave you facing health problems, medical expenses, and lost wages for years into the future. At Burch & Lockhart, we know that thorough investigations are crucial to getting you the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to in your claim. To get our team fighting on your side, contact our Manchester car accident attorneys today to schedule a consultation.